This letter is an official letter that a U.S. citizen or permanent resident writes to invite their friends and family to live in a foreign country. The purpose of this letter of invitation is that the U.S. confirms that they can accommodate the guest into their house and guarantees that the visitor will go back home when the visa expires.
This invitation is a personal document, not something a legal representative would write. Writing an invitation letter is easy, but there are some requirements that you must have to fill, such as the recipient’s name and complete address.
It should also contain the purpose of visiting, including places you will see, what kind of arrangement you have made for them to stay, transportation information and details about all expenditures
It is essential to be specific and detailed as much as possible to clear all the doubts of the guest who is ready to visit you in the United States. Keep reading this article to know more about the requirements of a visitor visa, why it is essential, and how you can write a letter of invitation for a U.S. visa?
Visitor visa requirements
The visitor visa applicant must qualify according to their conditions, not based on a host letter or assurances. Based on the merits of the application and interviews, a consular officer determines whether or not the applicant qualifies for a visa. Following are the requirements an applicant must meet to be eligible for a visitor visa:
- Visitors have a residency in the foreign country to which they will go back after their brief visit. Applicants have to provide proof of residency to claim their statement.
- Applicants must ensure that they intend to enter the United States for a period of limited time and they will depart the United States promptly to return to their home abroad.
- Visa applicants must satisfy the consular officials that they will go to the United States to engage in the activities consistent with the visa, such as tourism, vacation, medical treatment, and visiting friends and family. For this, the letter of invitation is used as proof of the visitor’s intent.
Validation of the Letter of Invitation
For the B2 visa application, a U.S. tourist visa, the visa applicant will have to submit a letter of invitation. Remember, it is not a binding document, but it is highly recommended. The person who is writing an invitation letter must meet the following requirements to be valid:
- A host must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- A host must be the friend or relative of the applicant
- They have an excellent registered place such as a flat or home
➡LEARN MORE: What happens if a Canadian overstays in the USA?
Letter of Invitation sample
Following is the sample letter of invitation addressed to a friend; you can follow this to write one for your friend to invite them to the United States: